Chocolate Flaxseed Banana Bread

April 18, 2010


I haven't been baking much these days. It is a bit difficult at the moment because I'm in a transition of moving aboard. So, I have been starting to use up all stuff I have in my pantry. For my baking supplies, I pretty much have 2 cups of flour, less than a cup of sugar, a little bit of chocolate chips, a little bit of flaxseed, and some of margarine in the fridge. After searching for an easy, simple, low-budget recipe, I decided to make good old classic banana bread. I have been making banana breads so many times. However, I haven't found a recipe that makes me please with the final texture of the quick bread. When I discovered "jacked-up banana bread" recipe from Deb of Smitten Kitchen, I decided to give it a try, even dressed it up with a little bit of chocolate chips and some flaxseed that I have.

Final result was great! Thank you, Deb! The texture was great, soft and moist.  The sweetness was perfect for me. It's great for breakfast and any time snacks.



Chocolate Flaxseed Banana Bread
(adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
3-4 medium very ripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup light brown sugar, light packed
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp flaxseed

Preheat the oven at 350F.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the mashed banana, melted butter, light brown sugar, and egg. Add in the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into a lined 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment